One of the hottest new trends for moms is to…
Food is what brings everyone together. It defines cultures, is the center piece of holidays and makes people happy. In a foodie filled world, it can be intimidating to get into the food photography world. But never fear, food photography is not as hard as it seems.
Here are a few tips from Kristin Zecchinelli Of Shutter Sisters that will help you get the most out of your delicious photos. You can read her full article on food photography at http://www.dpmag.com/how-to/point-of-focus/delicious-memories/page-2.
- Pay attention to detail. Slow down. Savor the process from start to finish.
- Seek out great natural light in your kitchen or cooking space.
- Choose linens, utensils and cookware, paying attention to their colors and textures.
- Don’t be afraid to get messy and document the messy! Cooking is a full-contact sport and you’re going to get your hands dirty.
- Focus on the “real”—floury, messy, dirty dishes included.
- Hands are also encouraged. Capturing your own hands, and the hands of those helping, can be a beautiful detail to record.
- Tell a story. By capturing from start to finish, you tell the story naturally.
- Eat and enjoy! Don’t forget to document that first yummy bite or smiling faces around your table.
So, with those new tips in your tool belt, go and enjoy a tasty treat and an even more delicious photo shoot.
Next Post: For Your Inspiration: Travel the World 2015
Previous Post: Blog Posts Prompts – How to Overcome Writer’s Block