By Mary Fisk-Taylor, M. Photog., Cr., CPP, ABI, API Summer…
It’s August, and we’re only weeks away from business changing and the seasonality of the fall, leading us right into the holiday season. So, this is a very short post today, but loaded with ideas to help you finetune your marketing and business so that you don’t just finish the surviving but thriving!
- What are you doing to be more involved in your community this fall? With the fall comes a long list of events to help you get more involved in your community. Being involved is a necessity for building your brand and reputation as somebody who’s giving back.
- What partnerships do you have in place to expand your reach? From florists to salons to limo companies, venues, and other photographers, there are opportunities to expand your reach. You don’t have to do everything alone.
- Are you a senior or family photographer? What kind of mailings do you have in place to launch over the next couple of months?
- Who’s photographing the major holiday parties around town? Kiwanis, Rotary, Exchange Club, the Chamber of Commerce – they all have holiday functions coming up.
- Have you built up a stash of content for your blog? Not everything has to be posted in relative real-time – build a stash of material you can share during the fall seasonality so when you’re in a time crunch you don’t lose momentum on your blog.
- Have you put together a holiday promotion for your target audience?
Here’s one of the best things about everything above – Marathon’s team and the MAP program can help you plan better and implement more marketing-driven ideas. You’ve got a resource standing by to make you feel like you’ve got your own marketing and planning department.
However, if you sit back and wait too long, and you’ll miss the boat. You snooze you lose, and there’s too much potential business out there to give up because you’ve already got a lot on your plate.
Next Post: Creating an Unforgettable Identity