Your customers don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care!Damon Richards
If you want to stand out today, exceed expectations. I know the pandemic started this fiasco, and everyone is short on staff, but there’s still a point where we’ve earned the right as consumers to feel the love! It’s about respect and feeling like our business matters.
- Call people back as quickly as possible.
- Check your email several times each day and respond quickly. Don’t forget to keep tabs on your spam folder.
- Give people solutions, not stall tactics.
- Smile when you’re on the phone – you’ll be surprised how it comes through on the other end of the line.
- Make your customers feel important.
- Follow-up after talking to them. Build relationships, not one-hit wonders.
Customer service is the experience we deliver to our customer. It’s the promise we keep to the customer. It’s how we follow through for the customer. It’s how we make them feel when they do business with us.Shep Hyken
I’m not sure there’s ever been a time as a consumer where companies have the opportunity to be leaders in marketing and business. Best of all, it’s not rocket science – just common sense. As a small business owner, you’ve got more power than you’ve ever had before!
Looking for help on how more ways to make your brand stand out and become known for great service? Shep Hyken is a NY Times best-selling author, speaker and a friend. We share a lot of his content here on the Marathon blog.