Every now and then I run across a quote that hits me hard. Like many of you, I too often procrastinate and then go a little nuts when I finally can’t put something off any longer. But for me it’s always little things – for many of you, it’s your core business.
Do what you love, and don’t stop until you get what you love.
Work as hard as you can, imagine immensities, don’t compromise, and don’t waste time.
Start now. Not 20 years from now, not two weeks from now. Now.
Spring is literally right around the corner, yet so many of you haven’t locked in your plans for the seasonality that comes this time of year.
Mother’s Day is coming up first and you’ve got a minimal amount of time to plant a few idea seeds with your target audience. The burden is 100% on you – nobody can stimulate your potential customer to contact you unless you get to them first.
- Use your blog to get your clients thinking about gift ideas with images.
- Use your Facebook page to get your audience thinking about photography and Mother’s Day.
- Work with partners to stimulate the community – for example, florists and venues.
- Check out Marathon’s Bella Art Prints and Album line. Be creative and offer something new and exciting instead of the same old products from the past. How about a day-in-the-life shoot album for Grandma this year? Spend four hours with a family and document their lives like a journalist, as well as a portrait photographer. Then, use your blog to highlight what you’re offering.
- Do a direct mail piece!
- Publish a press release about Mother’s Day 2023! Then a few weeks later, publish a second one on new products and services.
- Pick up the phone! You don’t have to keep in touch with every client, but pick 25 of them and call in the next few days. You don’t need to sell anything – call to find out how they’re doing.
- Get involved in your community, and then write about the organization you’re supporting.
- And when you’ve done all of the above, think about the same approach to proms, graduation and Father’s Day!
And here’s the bottom line – the clock’s ticking – come up with a few different plans you could implement easily to start reminding your target audience that you’re an artist, a photographer, and a magician! You’ve got the ability to stop time and help them capture memories to last a lifetime!