When you stop by the Marathon booth at #1331, you…
Congratulations to PPA Charities for its outstanding accomplishments in 2013! At the recent PPA Charities Celebration Gala at Imaging USA in Phoenix, the PPACH Trustees presented a first-time donation of $20,000 to Dando Amor, a non-profit organization providing aid to orphans, working in Ecuador and Africa. In 2013, Dando Amor, led by PPA members Travis and Jennie Gugelman and Lori Nordstrom, opened its first Boys Home Orphanage on the outskirts of Quito, Ecuador. For more information log on to www.dandoamor.org.
A high point of the evening was the trustees’ presentation of a check for $100,000 to its charitable partner, Operation Smile, which was represented by Operation Smile President and Co-Founder Kathy Magee and her sister Beth Marshall, Senior Executive Advisor for Latin America and the Caribbean.
This donation brings the total raised by PPA members for Operation Smile to over $700,000, an amount that has made it possible for Operation Smile’s volunteer medical staff to perform more than 2,900 life-changing surgeries for children around the world who suffer from cleft lips, cleft palettes, and other facial deformities.
Marathon is the proud co-sponsor with PPA Charities of the 2013 Celebration of Smiles national fundraiser that netted over $54,000 toward the Operation Smile $100,000 donation. In 2014 Marathon is again providing support for the fundraiser in the form of the Marketing Guide and promotional product designs and materials.
The official 2014 promotional date is Saturday, April 5; however, any studios with a conflict on that date can choose any date(s) in April to conduct their promotions.
Taking part in PPACH’s Celebration of Smiles will allow you to:
- Gain the personal satisfaction of standing together with like-minded professionals to make the world a better place through your art.
- Establish your business as one that chooses to benefit a very appealing charity. Many well-qualified consumers prefer to do business with those who care about others.
- Attract new clients and encourage repeat business from existing clients.
- As a participating studio, your business name and contact information will appear on the PPA Charities consumer website: http://www.celebrationofsmiles.com.
- When you achieve a $240 donation through the promotion or through your own personal contribution, you will gain the distinction of being an “Operation Smile Studio” for the remainder of the calendar year.
- For each $240 donation you make to PPA Charities on behalf of Operation Smile in 2014, you will be entered into a drawing for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to photograph an Operation Smile mission. The drawing will take place on January 31, 2015 at the annual PPA Charities Celebration Gala in Nashville, the evening before the start of PPA’s Imaging USA national convention (February 1-3, 2015).
Exclusive to Celebration of Smile Participants
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Gain access to special offers from PPA vendors
- Enter the PPA Charities Portrait Awards – open only to Celebration of Smiles participants
- Win great prizes!
For more information or to register, log on to http://www.ppacharities.com.
To see Operation Smile at work through the narrative and lens of PPA member Cari Long, go to this link.