The sun can be a photographer’s best friend or worst…
There is something wonderful about a good family portrait. These photos capture the family as a whole, the love each family member feels for one another and a moment when the family is completely unified.
This being said, there are some things you need to take into consideration when stepping into a Family Portrait photo shoot. In his article, “Family Portraits Do’s and Don’ts,” Chas Elliot lists the top dos and don’ts of Family Portraits.
Family Portraits Do’s
- Do squish your groups together
- Do coordinate clothing
- Do check the screen for blinking
- Do try and be funny to get some genuine smiles
- Do try and blur the background
Family Portraits Don’ts
- Don’t forget to check ALL your basic camera settings before clicking away
- Don’t let your subjects tilt their heads into each other
- Don’t sound insecure
- Don’t let Mom run the show.
- Don’t be afraid to let Mom, Dad and kids come up with ideas on posing
All of these are really good tips in capturing the perfect Family Portraits. Just remember to always make sure everyone’s eyes are open and everyone is having fun.
You can read Chas Elliot’s full article at http://digital-photography-school.com/family-portraits-dos-and-donts/.