Happy 4th of July! This day is possibly the best food day of the year other than Thanksgiving. It might even be argued it’s better because you can enjoy it outside if you live in the northern states where it’s too cold to eat outside in November!
As for our family, we love a great steak on the grill with some Lime-Rosemary Shrimp Skewers recipe I got on line here – https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lime-rosemary-shrimp-skewers/
What I love about shrimp, besides pairing so well with steak, is that it’s quick to grill. You can use it as an appetizer or serve it with your steak.
Sides to consider – Grilled corn on the cob. Bacon-wrapped asparagus. Cole slaw. Baked beans. Smashed red potatoes.
Wash it all down with your favorite beverage and have a diced watermelon & apple pie ready for dessert. Then get the fireworks ready & lined up before it gets dark.
Here are the Lime-Rosemary Shrimp Skewers recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 fresh rosemary sprigs (4-6 inches)
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. For skewers, strip leaves from bottom portion of rosemary sprigs, leaving 1-2 in. of leaves attached at top; reserve 1 tablespoon of the removed leaves. Finely chop reserved leaves; add to parsley mixture. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto rosemary stems; discard remaining marinade. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! Thank you to all who serve or have served in the military as well. We salute you!