It’s that time of year to give thanks and appreciate all the things around us. Food, family, and football all go hand in hand this time of year. Games are also a big part of the Thanksgiving break and a great way to interact with each other and forget about life for a while.
A successful Thanksgiving is one where there are no family arguments right? LOL. Eliminating stressful situations or awkward conversations can be easier said than done. But music can be a great way to bring people together. Playing music and asking people if they can name that tune is an easy & fun icebreaker. Especially if it’s been a while since you’ve seen each other.
Speaking of trivia, I have some for you. You can use this in your get-together today too. Can you name the top 10-selling board games of all time?
- The Game of Life
- Candy Land
- Battle Ship
- Axis and Allies
And because we will start listening to Christmas songs more and more, can you name the top ten Christmas songs of all time?
- ‘White Christmas’ by Bing Crosby
- ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ by Judy Garland
- ‘The Christmas Song’ by Nat King Cole
- ‘Silent Night’ by Bing Crosby
- ‘I’ll Be Home for Christmas’ by Elvis Presley
- ‘Happy Xmas (War Is Over)’ by John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Plastic Ono Band and Harlem Community Choir
- ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ by Andy Williams
- ‘Someday at Christmas’ by Stevie Wonder
- ‘Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy’ by Bing Crosby and David Bowie
- ‘Christmas Time Is Here’ by the Vince Guaraldi Trio
The Christmas Time Is Here’ by the Vince Guaraldi Trio is my favorite so here’s the link to the video.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving from all of us at Marathon Press!